Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Relaxation and other crazy things.










I sit, in the dark, wishing I was in my massage chair, but alas it is in the main living room with no TV and I am multi-tasking with a little typing, a little TV in the Great Room and a sip of hot chocolate, so what better time to catch everyone up on life with Gail and Greta.

Our one year old has been an interesting little creature lately. Not sure if she is learning to express her emotions, or testing out her voice, but she can be a happy little gal and a little devil within a matter of minutes. Even a few days that I thought she was fast tracking through age one and just going direct for the terrible two's. Thankfully, that only lasted a few days (no fear, I'm no fool, I am expecting it to return). She is however quite an entertainer, even when she is "expressing" her emotions, she has learned to wiggle to the music, raise her hands and sway when a song starts to play, use her fork (what a great moment that was), and wait for it...she is walking. Better state the walking is sporadic, wouldn't quite say she has left her scooting stage and is on two feet, but she improves each day and although she walks with a direct lean to the floor, she is mighty proud of herself and HATES to be picked up now when she is in walk mode. She is very cuddly too and doing so well at the sitters. Hope her usual pleasant personality continues. Oh yes, and I continue to think she is pretty smart, she seems to be a very quick study and her words are coming. I am pretty sure we heard a "Thank you" the other day, I said you are welcome, so it was pretty convincing. She did however WOOF through the grocery store last week, non stop, up and down the aisles barking like a dog. We had a few lovely smiles from strangers, a few how cute comments, but then there were a few who I know were looking at me and wondering...does she keep the child in a cage with dogs!


Of course, I can't write a blog and say we have all been healthy this past month. It just never ends. Poor Greta had caught a bug that lead to a hospital visit on Canada Day, her first round of antibiotics. I was no doubt the individual who shared the germs as I was sick for a solid 3 weeks with sadly no medicine I could take. She rebounded thankfully within the week and happy we have the first medicine experience behind us. Darren however was also struck and he too was given antibiotics. And, since Scarlet was so jealous with our growing medicine cabinet, she decided to get sick and what do you know...the dog also needed antibiotics. I always feel the pets get jealous that we are spending money on other things, so they need to ensure they get a little attention and hit up the pocket book for pricey Vet Bills.


Lets see what else...the Island weather has felt like fall, summer, fall, summer - almost winter, oh spring rain is here. What is up!? We did strike a lovely day for our first adventure to the Magnetic Hill Zoo with Greta in tow. Had a lovely day meeting up with Mom and Haley and Darren's cousin Richie, Lisa and Maddox. Greta I think enjoyed herself, it was a three hour adventure so she did fall asleep and missed the lions and ostrich, and may have a life long fear of loud peacocks, grunting pot belly pigs and well, the rooster just shouldn't make noise unless it is the crack of dawn.


Being back to work is okay, I will refrain from saying too much ! I do miss Facebook during the day and online shopping! What I save from not online shopping daily I am no doubt now spending on morning hot chocolates and sandwiches, they really do add up, and despite being off for a full year, I am greatly looking forward to taking a few days off the end of August and hopefully getting a good USA shopping trip in.


Well, may be boring, but I don't have much excitement, somewhat a creature of habits now, a branch to the evening routine may be a stop at the grocery store...woo hoo! Thank goodness tomorrow night is a hair appt, it was at the "desperate oh my God I caught a glimpse of myself in a photo and am embarrassed stage", so I called and honestly, if they had a child who wanted to practice playing with colors and was willing to do my hair I may have said, book me in.


I was about to end with my quiet night has come to an end and I'm heading to bed, but little Greta is strangely crying in her crib, quite unusual to have her wake during the night, hope it is short lived..


Video below is Greta showing off her walking abilities. And special thanks to our friend, photographer Rachel Peters for capturing such lovely photos of Greta's 1st Birthday. Who not only snapped pics of our little Greta but was so lucky and no doubt honoured to be a photographer on the Royal Tour with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge when they visited the Island this past month. So exciting - oh yes, and for all those who know I'm a Royal junkie, I was definitely in the crowd to see them and cheer!


Toodles.


No comments:

Post a Comment