Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Rainbow Bridge just gained the best...



Today has marked a day I never dreamt was possible, I thought my pets would live forever, but today my beloved 16 year old beautiful boy Paris passed away. It was the most difficult decision I have made, I waivered for weeks, but felt I could not bear to see him suffer and get any smaller and more uncomfortable. I know many couldn't handle being in the room when he passed on, I am still shocked I could, but after all Paris has done for me, I felt I owed it to him to be with him in his final moments and show him how much he meant to me and how much he added to my life. It was a heart wrenching experience, but it was the least I could do for my companion of so many years.
Paris was always a "big boned" kitty and to see him in recent months become a skeleton was painful to say the least. Paris has been with me for so long, I essentially spent my adulthood thus far with him by my side. I thought for sure I would always be known as that crazy cat lady, you know the lady who loves her cat more than humans, who used the cat as a psychiatrist, confidant, best friend, pillow, foot warmer, boyfriend approval expert, you name it, Paris was it. Paris did have a run for affection when Scarlet joined my world, I went from crazy cat lady to crazy dog lady, but Paris was my first "born". I always had pets growing up, but Paris was the first cat that I purchased and who was all mine (which meant the Vet Bills were all mine). She "illegally" lived in the UPEI dorms for a bit, moved to Belvedere Avenue with me, and finally to our current home. She has seen me through 4 relationships, too many roommates to count, 15 Christmas Seasons where her ornament proudly hung on the tree and has been the focus of I'm sure a million pictures. So, it certainly was not an easy day, her fur has collected many a tear, and today was no different. It was so difficult to watch him die, and the guilt is overwhelming.
I am happy he survived long enough to be a pet to Greta, even if it was for a short time. Kids loved Paris, and the feeling was mutual on his behalf. I only wish I had more friends like him. He provided friendship, loyalty, companionship, undivided love and affection and unconditional acceptance every day. People should take lessons from animals, the world would be a better place for sure. I hope I was a good enough Mommy to Paris, you always want to be the person your pet thinks you are! I don't believe in heaven, but I certainly know there is a special place where animals go, and it's exactly where I hope to see him again, I have a funny feeling I will win my spot in the animal heaven. May you enjoy Rainbow Bridge my dear friend, I am sorry and saddened but thank you for being my beloved furry kid!
Rainbow Bridge....
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here,
that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends
so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine,
and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor;
those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again,
just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing;
they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers.
Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass,
his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet,
you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
The happy kisses rain upon your face;
your hands again caress the beloved head,
and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet,
so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I balled reading your blog Gail..I can't imagine how hard that must have been to write. I know how much you love Paris, and I know you will definitely see him again someday on the rainbow bridge. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my thoughts Gail! I don't even want to think about the day when my dogs are too old, or sick :(
    I can only imagine how hard this is for you. Take peace in the fact that he lived a very long life. I am sure he is in a better place.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since those aboriginal canicule designer watches has not alone become the worlds arch cast in replica Omega for both men and women but they are amidst the a lot of able-bodied accepted companies in the world. In 1926 Breitling watches bought the apparent for a new damp affidavit ambagious axis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww.... Pets are like our children, its sometimes the hardest thing. Paris was loved, and what a great cat, I always enjoyed being around that cat for some reason.

    ReplyDelete