Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Run, Run, Run

Just a quick video to share today, thought it would put a smile on a few people's faces, both the animal and kid lovers. I love Greta, but I am still in the animal lover category, having one child doesn't mean you all of sudden love a full room of them! We had a hectic few days, Greta had her make or break future vacation trial. We headed to Halifax for Emily's 1st Birthday, due to the lack of our experience packing a full truck load of items for a 10 month old and travelling with Greta for more than a 2 hour drive, we showed up fashionable late, and when I say fashionable I really mean embarrassingly late. ( I think embarrassingly is a word, if not, pretend it is). We struck out in loads of time to hit the one store I really wanted to get to, and to the party, however half way there sickness hit - and it was me. I got car sick - in my new truck, thankfully I yelled to Darren to pull over, as he was driving, however didn't have time to get out of the truck, but phew, had a plastic bag, my other option was my Coach purse and honestly, the truck was going to get it before the purse. Of course, I got sick because I was in the back seat because Greta woke from her 90 minute nap and had no interest in sitting in her seat, so I was in the back feeding her cheerios and playing. SIGH. Lesson #1, my ability to sit in the back seat has not improved since childhood, won't be doing that again. We made it to Truro and had to stop, Greta was hungry, despite us thinking we would have made it to the hotel to feed her, it wasn't to be, so a stop at Wendy's in Truro was a welcome rest. Greta charmed the patrons, 3 people came over to tell her how beautiful she was - of course, she smiled ear to ear as if she knew (which she does), she was waving as people came in and happily shared a baked potato with me (all I thought my stomach could handle). She is now wanting to eat food on her own, quite Miss Independent, so meal time take SOOOOO much longer. Lesson #2, bring more finger foods that don't require 5 minutes to chew for each bite. On to Hfx where she again had no desire to sit in her seat, so I drove, Darren joined Greta in the back seat and thanks to the iPhone, she watched Baby Einstein. Lesson #3, Buy a DVD player for the car, oh, and carry more bags in the car, Darren was feeling car sick too. Finally hit Halifax and we get lost, big surprise, the GPS took as all over town and stupid me, although I thought I knew where the Halifax Shopping Centre was, I listened to the annoying direction of the GPS. Well, 30 minutes later, we finally are at the mall, I run to the one store I need to get to, and it was packed solid, then it took forever to get what I needed. We were so late at this point we decided to not go to the hotel to check in, we changed Greta in to her party dress in the car (not while driving just to ease the minds of the skeptics) and again - got lost... I HATE DRIVING IN HALIFAX. We did however make it to the party to watch the birthday girl open her presents and had a lovely time seeing old friends, as a bonus, despite Greta being wiped and having not slept all afternoon, she didn't embarrass us and we decided to take her home with us - to the hotel. Another great bonus, the hotel stay was lovely, we were all exhausted, the hotel provided a crib for Greta, and she had a wonderful sleep, as did we. Had hoped to get swimming, but not meant to be this trip, we had to pile the truck up and boot it home as I had day surgery booked for Monday and needed to prepare - by starving for my day. Had a quick visit with my dear friend Sherry Lynn, a quick trip to Costco and we were on the road - surprise, surprise 2 hours later than we expected. Overall, Greta may be allowed to vacation again, but we will need to figure out how to entertain her in the car longer, hopefully before the next big adventure she will be facing forward in the car and her DVD player will be hooked to the back seat.

So, that was the weekend, day surgery is over with, now just await the results of the latest biopsy. They had to knock me out so I have no idea what happened, I tried to do the procedures with no sedation, but I recall a scream of pain, and then nothing else, so I assume they said, enough is enough and pumped the drugs in to me. I just hope I didn't swear too much or tell the medical staff off, I've been known to do that fully alert, so lord knows what I could say with sedation.

And, to put a smile on a few faces today, the video I mentioned at the beginning of the blog is below. Enjoy.

Toodles.


1 comment:

  1. This sounds like my childhood Gail. I was always sick and hungry in the car. AND, not matter how many times we went to Halifax, we always got lost:)

    ReplyDelete