Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Thursday, December 9, 2010

Are you kidding me????

Just a little short note tonight...(well, short is the goal, we'll see how I do upon completion). I had a day off from parent duty today and headed "across" - did I sound like a real Islander??? For those away, that means I went to NB, the mainland, shopping destination, etc, etc. Our old neighbour Janet has been asking me for a few years now about coming with me on a trip, and this was the one that worked out. We left bright and early as I wanted to make an attempt of getting home by night fall, of course, this is 5pm at the latest, so a bit though of a goal to reach. I had convinced Darren to let me take his SUV on the trip, my windshield is in desperate need of being replaced and lately I'm finding it almost impossible to see out of if the sun beats down. For the record, it's very, very important to note that Darren hates people driving his truck, I'm surprised Greta and I get the okay once in a while to drive in it He takes very good care of his truck and I dare say it's one of his babies! Anyway, for some reason I had a convincing some story about my personal safety and he agreed to let me take his vehicle. As I was explaining to Janet the reason we had his truck over mine, we remarked a few times how interesting and shocking it was that Darren didn't seem to mind me driving his truck like he once did, but was still tentative. About 5 minutes after this conversation as we are rolling down the highway, a beautiful day of sunshine and excellent driving conditions my luck takes a turn...A damn rock smashed the windshield. It was a huge rock (well, as huge as a rock can be that is spun up from a truck passing by) It really was big, the size of a timbit, although it sounded like a damn bowling ball. It gave me quite the fright..as I drove down the highway gazing at the hole and damage this rock made, I honestly think to myself, who in the hell has luck like me...I also answer my own question NO ONE!!! So nice to be so social. I did call Darren to let him know, funny thing - he wasn't overly impressed! Janet I headed to Costco and met up Mom for a day of shopping, and besides suck up presents for Darren, I really bought nothing. The people on my Xmas list, still reqire gifts to be purchased. It was a rather poor display of shopping, just didn't see anything we needed and couldn't seem to find any Xmas presents, so looks like I have more shopping to do.

Well, just a quick check in, we survied the trip to Moncton, Darren played stay at home Daddy for the day and went to have a nap when I got home...also admitted to lying down in the afternoon when Greta had a nap. I do think he enjoyed his day with Greta tough.

I must sign off, I'm seeing double on the computer, very exhausted. Hopefully going to reach my family Dr tomorrow, my back is killing me, I've had a cyst for years and I'm afraid it's time that it is taken care of...Liver update - reducing the steroids slowly, very, very slowly.

Will write more another day....for now, have a great Thursday...Toodles.
PS> Sorry if this makes no sense, I'm so wiped out I can't even re-read.

No comments:

Post a Comment