Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Thursday, January 13, 2011

Long Week

Just a quick stop by the old Blog to say hello! I don't have much to say, it's been one hell of a week. Tonight an old friend posted a status on Facebook that read:

"Ever have those days when you feel annoyed, unhappy, not positive, not thoughtful etc..but suck it up cause you don't want to make your day worse expressing it..."

I read that and thought, that sums up my week, maybe it's why I haven't written anything on the blog, the old saying if you have nothing nice to say - say nothing at all. Well, it's a good saying but if you have been reading along with my journey you no doubt have figured out I don't mind saying what I think. Greta had her needles last Friday and although she didn't experience any fever or major trauma, she has been "off" ever since. AKA, grumpy little bear! Sure she still smiles and grins and giggles here and there, but as quick as her smile can appear, so too can the crying. We are dumbfounded (well, I am) as I don't know what to do with her when she gets upset, we don't see it often, so to have her crying at night is puzzling and of course I think she is in pain or has a medical issue. Thankfully we are seeing some improvements, two nights since the needles our expert 12 hour sleeper was getting up during the night, but that has reversed back to normal (thank goodness)...but she is still a bit off and it doesn't bring out the best in me. Darren is a lot more calm and cool than I, I seem to get frustrated and hear my voice rising and my blood pressure along with it. Teething is not helping the little thing, believe me, I have had enough teeth torture in my childhood and adult life to write a book on Dental practices, so I can only imagine the agony of trying to get these little teeth through the gums, as hard as it is on Greta, its hard on the adults too. I have tried everything, and I must admit, may have found a few good ones that seem to help (that don't include drugging her with Tylenol - which I have resorted to on occasion). I have the common frozen teething rings, but I also have froze carrots and put them in the mesh food holders so she can chomp away like a little bunny, I have soaked facecloths in water and apple juice, tied them in knots and froze them (got to love the Internet Google Search) - this one seems to be the favorite thus far! And can I praise Sophie the Giraffe a thousand times over. For those who had kids pre-Sophie, it's a rubber giraffe, that is over priced - but worth every cent! She munchies on that thing like it's a gourmet meal, I almost want to tie him to her outfit with her soother clip, a little leash of sorts! But enough about that. I am just happy the week is coming to an end and fingers crossed for better moods, activities and things to do.

SIGH...you can't tell, but I'm here to tell you, this blog was interrupted by a screaming baby! What is going on, can babies have nightmares and if so, what are they about, the Public Health Nurse perhaps who was rude and told me her soft spot was closing in early and would mean her brain wouldn't have room to grow (I have refrained from writing the whole story - but they should be charged with stupidity for telling first time parents stuff) - and for the record - she may not be able to find the soft spot on her head, but I can in one second and the Dr saw her the week prior and said nothing, so I'm confident we don't have to have a piece of her skull removed to allow her brain room to grow! Anyway, I'm back to writing, Darren is with Greta.

As for other stuff, well, another friend said tonight she is going to try to not care what others think! I've said that every year and wish I could follow through with this task, my life would be so much better if I stopped caring about other people's thoughts, actions and comments, I have come a long way though. I had lots of time to reflect the past few months and you no doubt have heard (or read) me comment how having a baby was interesting on the friendships. It is an ongoing discussion in our house (me discussing, Darren telling me to stop caring) but people have really surprised me, some good, some not so good. Greta is 6.5 months already, I really have to wonder just how busy people really are...I mean, 196 days is a long time to be busy every single day. So, my new thought, I'm not going to make any efforts either. I have lots to do and people to see and I really need to get over things....so...presto! I'm over it! HA! Life is too short, both to not make time to get out and do things, even if it's a quick hour for coffee or supper, but life is also too short to waste time caring about the actions of others or lack of them in some cases.

Gosh, thank goodness for Facebook, or there would be nothing to write about. I'll end with another status, "If you and I were to wake up in jail, in 4 words what would you say" - my response - Yahoo, a night out! I really need to get out of this house, as sitting in jail for a night actually would mean a little human contact, someone to cook for me, I wouldn't have to worry about laundry as surely they would give me a standard jumper, I bet for good behaviour I'd even get to watch some TV, ummm, sounds like a great plan to me! Now, I will apologise, I was suppose to make that status my new status...I failed....I didn't - only because I figured some may say, Throw away the key, It was your fault, You are royally screwed...I didn't need to hear them all !!!

Of course, I've been snapping pics and shooting video's...so enjoy the little Banana Taste Test Video at the end of this post. We'll try bananas again, our Dr told me to slice banana's and freeze them, but I thought I would see if she liked the flavour...she didn't! I have a nice jar of them ready to try out on another ocassion, maybe with better reception. It still cracks me up every time I watch the video, hope it puts a smile on your face too.

Oh, and watch for the February Issue of G! Magazine (an Island Magazine). My blog on Push Presents is going to be published! I took the swear words out...I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment