Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter



















Happy Easter 2011. A quiet Easter in our house this holiday, I managed to find a few germs and ended up with a cold, so supper consisted of chicken soup and a roll, Darren made his own meal, and Greta had mushed baby food along with a bowl of rice cereal and apricots. She has been on a milk strike, although she woke tonight around 9:30 and drank a full bottle, hopefully tomorrow she'll want to drink a bit more. Nothing exciting to share worth dedicating a blog post about so a few holiday facts...

1. For Americans, Easter is the second most important candy-eating occasion of the year and the fourth largest card-sending event.

2. The tradition of giving eggs at Easter time has been traced back to Persians, Egyptians, Gauls, Greeks and Romans, to whom the egg was a symbol of life.

3. Easter is a “moveable feast” celebrated on the first Sunday after the full moon which happens on or after March 21, the Spring Equinox.

4. From the very early times, egg has been considered to be the most important symbol of rebirth and other common Easter symbols include the Cross, Easter Bells, the Easter Lily, and of course, Rabbits!

5. In the early 19th century, the first chocolate eggs were made in Europe. They remain among the most popular treats associated with Easter.

6. Fifty-seven percent of kids get up super early on Easter to see what the Easter bunny has brought them.

7. The initial baskets of Easter were given the appearance of bird’s nests.

8. When it comes to eating of chocolate bunnies, it is the ears that are preferred to be eaten first by as many as 76% of people.

9. 90 million chocolate Easter bunnies are made for Easter each year.

10. Funny fact no. 10 is under construction so:

Happy Easter – May spring provide every beautiful thing you enjoy!

Pics above are Greta's Easter pics from Sears and an impromptu photo shoot at Rachel's as I was enjoying purse shopping from Rachel's closet. Managed to get two to add to my collection - just what I needed.


Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment