Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Intoxicating Baby Smell

Why do people think Babies smell - SOOOO GOOOOD!!!

Really I need to know, so many people pick up Greta and smell her little head (the head that I'm starting to have nightmares won't pass by the 10th percentile and her body will continue to grow and she'll be nick named pea head!!!)...anyway, back to her "scent". Everyone says, she smells so good, she smells like a newborn!...Is this like saying I like puppy breath...It's almost as if she is intoxicating, or maybe she is like an aprhadisiac and the smell of a baby brings out hormones in people. I for the record, never had this issue, when I look at other babies, I think, please don't puke on me, why didn't your mother shop in the USA for your waredrobe, but I don't think, UMMMM, you smell yummy. Even my own little Greta, sure I like the smell of Aveno Lavender and Vanilla Body wash, but I don't go nuts over it I can use the soap in my own bath water. We only bath her every few days, she really smells like a bit between faint soap smell, Ivory Baby Soap we wash her clothes in (which I now do my clothes in, because that is a good smell), and an odour, ummm, let me see how I can describe it, oh, lets say sour milk that has been sitting in a bottle in the hot sun for days...you people need to get out more if that combo of smells is intoxicating to you. And let me tell you, the diapers when filled just provide an aroma, when mixed with the above listed scents would make a wild beast stop in his tracks.

And what is with this heat, thank the lord baby sweat doesn't smell too, poor little Greta is just in a little top and diaper and sweat is in ever little crease of her arms and legs...it's an oven in this house. We are about to head out for a drive in the air conditioned truck, just for a little break. And lets forget about her for a moment, this is my blog too, 30 degrees and hormones that were already making me sweat buckets of water daily, is not a joy for me at all. I may like lying around the Dominican and working on a tan, but this heat is just ridiculous and I'm not enjoying it one little bit.

The week ahead - well, it's Darren's last week home, which means, able to or not, I'm going to make a few attempts to drive, the thought of being house bound and unable to escape when he goes back to work is dreadful in my mind...Granted - where in the heck will I go. I'm quite concerned about being home alone - all day with Greta, and I'm not holding out much hope for visitors during the day since we still haven't had much company since her arrival...so it's going to be interesting. I'm hoping to get to NB this week, need to do a Price Club Run, and Tommy Hillfiger is calling my name (really, it's saying, Gail, we missed you, get your ass to Moncton to tie you over until your New Hampshire trip). That will be the big outting for this week.

Anyway, all for now, must depart and sit in the truck for some cool air.

2 comments:

  1. I just had to comment - if you like Ivory baby soap you will absolutely LOVE the Purex baby soap - it is sooooooooooooo goooooood !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Initially the amount of Abercrombie & Fitch is inexpensive.Take including the Abercrombie Fitch Short wear. The Abercrombie Fitch Rompers accouterment clothes aren't just adorable as able-bodied as congenital from bolt that's affable and aswell ablaze it helps the wearer to biking to nicely.

    ReplyDelete