Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Friday, July 30, 2010

Life is like...a box of Unpredictable Chocolates

Did you ever bite in to a chocolate and say, yuk, then put it back in the box? You are searching for the yummy caramel chocolate, but you bite in to coffee flavour and want to barf, that is my life in a nut shell this week, a whole box full of coffee filled shit chocolates (had to add shit in there somewhere, there has been lots of that this week).

I am ashamed to see my last update to the blog was this past Sunday. I'm slipping, it's somewhat a lack of time and energy I have, but also that I don't really know what to write about. When you have your ass stuck to the couch for a week, there isn't much that comes to mind that would be amusing enough to write about, but here I am, half stoned, lying on the couch with my lap top on my lap (phew, what a concept and well named product) and I'm going to tell you about my week! Oh yes, and I didn't take up drug abuse, I'm stoned because I had my CT Scan today where they injected the dye, of course, in Gail Style I had to make the nursing staff work hard by having an allergic reaction to the damn dye, this lead to a longer stay in observation, then 2 doses of Benadryl (I don't do well with Benadryl), anyway, I felt okay for an hour, but then it hit me, I barely made it to the bed, so I'm just waiting for it to leave my system, I have a wicked headache and just want Calgon to Take Me Away...(can you buy Calgon here).

So, here is a quick review of the week:

Greta and I were very busy with visitors, so I deeply thank each and every one of you who stopped by for a visit, I feel guilty that people have to come to us as I'm not yet able to get out and about, but know that it was greatly appreciated and I loved the company and hearing about "things" in the outside world. I feel like I have non stop cleaned my house, part of my OCD when I have company coming, but I'm bored and boredom lead to cleaning. It has equally been a frustrating week despite the company, may have hit the WHY me stage, I don't make a good house wife / stay at home mother - I actually don't enjoy it one little bit. Maybe if I was feeling better and could jump in the truck and be a tad mobile I would be much happier, but despite all the visitors, I had this heavy hearted lonely feeling mixed with a bit of self pity. I am frustrated that I'm not getting better, I'm frustrated that my Dr (who I still really, really like) messed up my surgery site and pulled the muscle (It is gross, the smaller I got, the more I realized that it wasn't normal, the muscle literally has been pulled and you can see a freakin pucker about 2 inches above my incision, I mean pulled hard. What this has lead to is me being in constant pain and the inability to stretch, walk for more than 20-30 minutes, drive with comfort and in general, feel good about myself. He has seen it and told me that over time it will improve, but its been 5 weeks, what does Over time in Dr lingo really mean...I'm starting to think years. My biggest fear is that I'll need to have it repaired via surgery, but I'm willing to accept that if I will feel better. I feel totally incompetent and yes, vanity play a part, it's just gross!

A few stats for the week:
Greta shits just once a day...This has to stop, despite the disgust of changing diapers every time she ate, it seemed to be much better than waiting for it all day long, and having a full day worth of crap hit her diaper, and the smell, good lord! Built up crap is not good! But, no thrown out outfits, so we have improved, but let me tell you, we are securing those diapers on well. She is still pretty tiny, still wearing her newborn diapers and clothes. Did notice today one outfit no longer fits, so maybe we'll get in to more of her wardrobe.

ME, I feel like a bloated up balloon, weight may be down, but the clothes I got back in to all of a sudden feel snug again, it's been depressing. I think it's my crohns unfortunately, but it must stop, I'm not buying an "in between" wardrobe...just refuse to.

Tired - We are wiped out and Greta is a wonderful baby, most nights, she will do a 4-5 hour stretch, we've never experienced the walking the floors, jump in the car for a 2am drive type of night that I have to admit, I was expecting. If anything, she may stay up a bit longer now, and we wish she would go to sleep, but she still is not crying, just awake!

Baby acne - how awful, I hate it, hate it, hate it. Just all of a sudden, I of course thought she had measles, chicken pox, allergic reaction to milk, they just appeared so quick, how cruel is the world to have a baby with pimples...Everyone keeps saying it will go away quick, I hope so, as I know you can't buy Proactiv Solution for Babies!

Hair Loss - Greta is losing her hair, we have discovered wide headbands cover this up!!!! I hope it grows back soon. As much as I didn't want her to look like a little ape and have lots of hair, a receding hair line is not overly cute!!!

Friends - Some have been great, others suck... A friend recently celebrated her Baby's birth with a baby shower and many friends just didn't show up, two hours out of their life and they just didn't show up. I know people are busy, but come on, there hits a point that you really have to think who is a friend and who isn't and maybe realize who is worth saying goodbye too. Just drop off a little chicken and say hello, it won't kill you. Believe me, I have attended just about every baby shower, birthday party, wedding shower, wedding, you name it - all while not being fond of kids and cake, but I did it. And there is a point of no return....just sayin! It's principle, kind of like when the stores advertise a sale price and you realize at the cash they charged you 25 cents more, it's principle, it's not the money, it's the fact that the store has that little respect for people to do the right thing...principle!

Family - Some have been great, others suck... But special thanks to my Mom this week who spent the full week here helping out when I was still immobile. Dad and Haley came over last night as well so I could get to my medical appt and have a babysitter for Greta.

Well, I'll end it there, that is quite a bit of writing for someone who is stoned.

1 comment:

  1. For example, affected swiss replica watch rarely accept activity chronographs or even accept helium-relief valves.If a banker offers a affluence watch for bisected the aboriginal amount or less, a lot of likely, the watch is a reproduction.

    ReplyDelete