Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Sunday, August 1, 2010

SIGNS....

Serendipity? The signs out there, pointing you in the right direction, pushing you away from or towards things, people, experiences...Essentially it's the aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident. I have this skill, I see signs, visions (I know spooky), and I have allowed these signs to change the path in my life many, many times. For many years I was addicted, not to drugs or alcohol, but to the TEA LEAF LADY. Every time something went wrong, I was calling, she was like my personal shrink. Over the years she told me to get rid of men, gave me initials of men, told me how many years it would be for things to turn around, and she always said I would get married and have kids...TWINS actually. So, she was wrong with a few things, but I found one of my readings the other day and was taking a look. I am not even 100% sure who went with me as I don't recognize the handwriting, but it was quite a few years back, before my life changed in dramatic ways.

But I believed she knew what happened in the past, what was currently happening in my life and what the future would hold. How she knew is beyond me, I remember quite a few times her telling me to get rid of some guy, and I would be ticked off, and it always bothered me that she would see children in my cup, but I listened and said, I'll show you!!! I believe in signs, always have!

Do you know why I moved to PEI? I am here on PEI because of bathrooms, that is right, bathrooms. I was planning to attend Acadia University, was accepted in to an accelerated Bachelor program that would take me 3 years then do my Education degree, but since UPEI was free to apply for, I sent in my application, got accepted and my mother drove myself and two friends over to see the campus. And what do you know, there was a bathroom between two rooms, Acadia had a bathroom for a floor...So, that is how the PEI life began, a toilet, a bathtub won we over! A sign, or just me not liking the idea of a community bathroom!

Jobs...there were many signs, my first job offer after university (I mean the first REAL job, that I would be making a salary, not an hourly wage and it required an education kind of job) was with the head office of Irving in Saint John, NB, but there was a sign...well, more like a smell. I hate Saint John, the air did it for me, as you approached the city, I would start to gag, I remember crying the entire way to my final interview, as I knew the offer was coming. How backwards is that!!!??? When they slid the offer of a salary across the table (just like they do in the movies) I could feel tears well up in my eyes and I asked if I could have the weekend to think about the offer, I got back in the car and you guessed it, I cried the entire way home. That was a sign, I wrote them my rejection letter that evening! Maybe I was suppose to be a Come From Away Islander!

Men...there were signs - I listened to some, should have listened to others, but we'll just leave it at that, but when there is a sign in regards to men, unless it's a good sign - RUN!

Marriage...I never wanted to get married. Yes I like to plan and organize and many thought I would want a big wedding, but I never believed (nor do I believe) that there is just one soul mate who you are suppose to be with. Really, there is an entire world out there, and you just happen to think your soul mate is the person in your town, at your school, at your place of work. Maybe your soul mate is in the middle east, or Germany...But I do think there are a lot of soul mates for individuals, maybe each person has 10, and you have to weed them out. Anyway, I did what I never said I would, I got married. Not in the traditional way, we eloped and if I had to do it over again, I would elope again, with one major change - I wouldn't have told one single person. My mother says we had the worse elopement in history as some people knew, but I'm thinking if I was to do it over, I may announce we got married on our year anniversary, it would have provided me at least one year of being happily married without the pathetic "Disapproval" I have experienced since our elopement! And another reason I never wanted to get married, divorce is pretty expensive!

Kids...Never liked them, thankfully, I have grown a soft spot for Greta Claire, but it has not increased my like for other children, I actually think it has made my dislike for children stronger. They are really, really annoying. I see kids in the stores and just think - why can't your mother afford a babysitter! And these kids are not even being bad, before I just thought that about the screaming and crying kids. But, maybe Darren and I having a kid was destiny, fate, all the things I really don't believe in, as it certainly shouldn't have happened, but here I sit beside a little 8lb baby girl who is cooing at her Winnie the Pooh, no doubt thinking about POO-ING, and it almost seems like it was meant to be...I said ALMOST, don't think I'm getting all sentimental, I've had a few breakdowns this week and why me moments that have lead to conversations of me moving, returning to work, getting a divorce, running away to New Hampshire...BUT, I survived and am calm again (for the time being)! Granted, I really want to go out shopping, but am home alone with her and I guess it's frowned upon to let the Dog babysit her.

So, back to a few SIGNS:

The reason I came up with this topic if you can imagine was me watching You-Tube Video's. Greta loves Beyonce's Single Ladies Video (I'm teaching her young to go for the big Diamond), but as I was sitting down to my breakfast / lunch at 3:30 this afternoon, which consisted of a Twix Bar and a Diet Pepsi, I open up the computer and there it is, a highlighted section of Recommended Videos for YOU to watch, the first one: FAT - by Weird Al Yankovic. I almost threw the computer across the room, I'm feeling a tad pudgy, but come on, even the computer is sending me signs - I did finish the Twix bar, but I guess maybe I should just have Diet Pepsi for lunch from now on!

Summer Sales, it's a sign, the universe has missed me shopping, the credit card companies are going bankrupt and sending out search parties for me, the Confederation Bridge is wondering where in the hell I am - it's a sign that I need to get back in the swing of things and exercise my fingers on the Debit Machines and give the old credit cards a dusting off... If I feel better or not, watch out Moncton, I'm coming next weekend and it's going to be obscene. Then NH, Don't worry, I'm coming back, will be there soon.

So, whatever signs you see, follow them, maybe it's destiny sending you in the right direction. Lord do I ever hope I see a sign out there that says GREECE - I think I may just need to book a vacation.

1 comment:

  1. One more, because for Louis Vuitton bags , anniversary of them is fabricated by hand, accordingly it banned the assembly speed. That is why the vendors will absolute their barter purchasing. Anniversary of their barter just can buy one section for anniversary blazon in adjustment to let added barter buy all for one type.

    ReplyDelete