Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Sunday, July 25, 2010

Wait for it...Wait for it....

Well folks, we are waiting for Greta to shit...as well as waiting for Big Brother to come on, but sadly, we are anticipating the shit more. Is this what Parenthood is about? Cheering on Shit, as we rub a month old belly and exercising her legs like she is on a bicycle. And if we are not cheering for shit, we are saying Good Job Greta for the manly burps she lets out. SIGH! Yes I can dress her up in her cute outfits (which by the way, is at #5 for today), and she is quite interesting to watch and see the changes that are happening daily, but come on, Shits and Burps are the highlight, I feel like I'm in a frat house back in the University Days and the guys are socially inept and showing off on who can fart and burp the loudest (sadly, I'm not making that up!)

And, the day has come that I have been dreading - Darren returns to work tomorrow. If I felt better, and didn't have so many health issues, I think Darren would be getting my Paternity Leave, but alas, he's heading out the door tomorrow and the real test will be upon me. Can I remain sane at home with a month old baby, when I still cannot get out much, and can still just do limited things? It's quite the annoyance I must say, every day I think "Today I will feel better", but it doesn't happen. Tonight I started to think the Dr must have left a piece of gauze, or maybe a metal object in my stomach, it's the only reason for the pain I have in my side, but then I remind myself, the pain is higher and it's probably my pathetic liver...only 5 more days until they get my liver recovery started, I'm unsure if I can hold off having a drink, but thought it best to hold off until the liver tests are completed, wouldn't look good if I had to answer YES on the questionnaire when they asked if I drank alcohol. With Darren going back to work, I assume that means I'll be getting up to do the night time feeding - also dreading that - should have been practicing!

And, I have to learn how to tie (I mean Buckle) Greta in to her car seat, can get her out, but the thing frustrates me. Even though I can't get far, in case of an emergency, probably a good thing if I don't pull a Brittany Spears and put the baby on my lap as I drive away!

Lets see, what else is happening - I am trying to be organized, I put all of Greta's cards in an album, had some pictures printed, wrote in her baby book...well, that is a start, maybe I'll appear that I was normal and organized when she reads the books in her teenage years. I may refrain from printing my blog stories about her, I think it will prove to be a tad too traumatic! I am also looking for guest bloggers - I have heard the stories, I know they would be good, would love you to vent, we can change your name to something you always wanted to be called, Goddess of the Land, Queen Bee...anything!

Well, that is the day in Gail and Greta's life...nothing major...but I may have to add an update - she should have shit by now, we could be in for a messy night, may have to drape the cradle in plastic, although that would then bounce back at her...ewwww...maybe I'll just let the sheets catch it and throw them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment