Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Saturday, May 22, 2010

Busy, busy day

What a full day!

My house has been a revolving door, it's been very nice to see so many people through the house.

Jennifer was in after her weekend kick your butt work out (that is called motivation, I'd like to say I'm green with envy, but hate to admit, even if I wasn't chubby and expecting, going to a Saturday morning work out class would not be high on my desire list)...We made sandwiches and decorated my house for a little party being held tomorrow...

Then my Mom and Niece Haley arrived for the long weekend, with enough presents for baby Greta to open a store. I am still unsure how they all fit in to the SUV, literally, it was like the car with all the clowns in it, one after another kept coming out. As I scolded my mother for the amount of things she was bringing, she said, well, I haven't really bought anything....Now, you all know how much I love to shop...well, I learned from the Master, and for the record, she has been buying for months and months, including purchasing the crib and one of the dressers for the baby's room, she must have forgotten that expense. It's always appreciated, but just a tad insane!!!

And still more company, one of my oldest and dearest friends from Moncton, Duane and his wife Alison arrived with their sweet little baby Benjamin. Sadly, it was my first meeting with Benjamin even though he has hit the 9 month mark, I'll post some pics soon as he was not shy of the camera, and had the best "naturally spiked" blonde hair. He was definitely a charmer and we had a great visit. Just as they were departing, my oldest PEI friend Newf arrived with Kim, Sarah, Samantha and Newf's parents visiting from NFLD...so, a jam packed day! In all the hustle and bustle, done of us really had a meal...so where do we go...Good old Maid Marian's! For those off Island, Maid's is that local diner that is a must - cheap menu, yummy chubby food and a must visit! A year ago Maids burnt in a dreadful fire, but they have rebuilt and it was just as delicious!

Well, not much funny stuff in this post, I'm wiped out, still looking at "stuff" sitting around the house, but no more energy to tidy up, so it will be an early morning tomorrow. I'd love to say, I LOVE long weekends, but considering I'm on home confinement (I mean Mat leave), I guess I'm in for one very LONNNNGGGGG weekend.

1 comment:

  1. In addition commodity we took a attending at one of the latest styles ofUGGS accepting awash by UGG Boot Australia and which was acceptable to be actual accepted with women about the globe.

    ReplyDelete