Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Wednesday, May 26, 2010

One of us was not like the other.....

Have you ever listened in to someone in a store asking questions - and wonder, "is that what I was suppose to ask?"

As my discomfort level increases, and the thought of striking out to Moncton on a solo journey 29 days before I will head to the hospital to have a baby isn't too appealing, I decided to do a little Charlottetown shopping for the remaining items on the "To BUY List", or at least make an effort to find the items I had wanted from NB. Today was the search for Bottles. The helpful staff at Snugglebugs told me a while back that they would recommend Dr. Brown's Bottles, of course, they are the most expensive (surprise, surprise), but since I know absolutely nothing and the bottle issue has been overly confusing to me, I trusted their judgement. So, today, I go to buy them!

The lady who is always working asked if I needed help and I told her I would look around first, but I was in to buy bottles and accessories. When the time came to actually go look at the shelf of bottles, another lady was asking questions about the bottles, I caught from the conversation that she had a 4 week old baby at home that she was formula feeding and she was asking a lot of questions and hoping to get new bottles as the baby spit up a lot - the type of questions she was asking I have to admit never in a million years would have crossed my mind, things about flow of the milk, sterilizing, colic, gas...Good lord, I wanted a damn bottle to put formula in, I was thinking a funnel would have been sufficient as it would teach the baby to chug her drinks early and prepare her for university...so I kind of stood back and listened to this lady's questions, took in the answers, and felt inadequate as ever as I was really just going to ask, "Which bottles do you recommend or would you use, and do you sell them in the color pink"...I didn't have any other questions prepared, but this lady, lord, she had the top 20 questions of Baby Bottles!

So, it's finally my turn, and my conversation to the clerk was - Can you pick out bottles for me....is the microwave sterilizer a good purchase (I'm looking for easy) - and well, there is no and, that was it for questions... My favorite part of the conversation was about the sterilizer, the clerk said, will you be someone who will want to sterilize everything like crazy and be overly cautious - I said, "after hearing that lady - that would be a NO"...she laughed, said, good that you are honest, and said, I wouldn't worry about the sterilizer! Oh dear, I'm a bad mother to be already. I can tell you, I won't be that mother running soothers under hot water every time they drop...cat and dog hair must be good for growing babies, don't get me wrong, I'll TRY to take the clumps of hair off the bottles and soothers...but some people are just a little insane!!!

I'll stick more to ensuring the baby is well dressed and clean - my pet peeve (one of many) is kids who stink like baby puke, just gross, Greta has enough clothes that spit up means a new outfit!!! So, she may meow or bark, but she'll be well dressed!!!!

And that folks was today's journey of Gail and Greta! $82 in bottles and accessories, a prepared mother with lots of questions, and then MOI, who knows absolutely nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment