Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mental....




I have heard the term Pregnancy Brain for years, an old co-worker actually use to say it a lot (secretly, it drove me nuts)...and I have to admit, I actually don't believe in it at all....the way I see it, my memory has gone down hill year after year, it's called getting old. I just don't believe a little alien growing inside me has the power or ability to suck brain power out of me, age deterioration on the other hand, makes sense.




My poor memory was noticed many years ago when I started to experience neurological problems (not psychological - that will be another post)...I'm talking limbs and body parts going numb and affecting my brain and ability to walk. It was a very scary time and as many know I was tested for everything from brain and spinal tumours to MS and various other neurological issues...but this isn't a downer blog, all this to say - my memory was one of the key signs of something being affected, so I KNOW it's not this baby brain crap people talk about...




But whatever is causing the dreadful memory, I found myself at the hospital today - a day early for an appt. I reluctantly set my alarm last night because I had a nutritionist appt TODAY! Yesterday I stuffed tons of food in to me, ate lots of freezies, candy, even broke out the Boost shakes, so A) I could tell my nutritionist I did everything she told me (minus the disgusting protein powder) and B) Thought it would be a good effort to put on a pound so she wouldn't threaten the nutritional supplements via IV... I did draw the line at putting rocks in my pockets. I got up, had a hot shower, make up done, put on my "getting weighed" outfit (essentially the lightest clothes I have - never wear jeans on weigh in day!) and off I go. I arrive late as usual and check in with admitting, and the lady at the desk says, we don't have you listed for an appt today. I said you must, it's in my phone calendar! So, she admits, very possible the schedule in the computer is wrong and she would call down to nutrition services and verify - well, it was 5 minutes of being put on hold, and the poor lady in admitting trying to explain to the receptionist in nutrition that she was just confirming if I had an appt today or tomorrow, it was painful and really was one of the scenario's that felt like 20 minutes not 5. At one point the lady helping me actually started to raise her voice, I kept trying to interrupt and say, no worries, it must be my mistake! Well, low and behold, it was finally discovered, I was wrong - I know, shocking, it doesn't happen often....But here I am, in my light clothes, looking pretty darn good for 35 weeks, sitting in admitting and no damn appt. First thing that crosses my mind, holy Frig (well, I'll keep this clean, I had another F word in mind), I have to get up early again tomorrow and wash my light clothes tonight! So, I had to repeat the efforts, another boost shake, ate two meals today, and a snack of Salt and Vinegar chips...And off I'll go in the AM to the nutritionist.




Other news today, supper with the gals, received an absolutely adorable homemade gift from Vanessa, picture is attached...a truly darling knitted dress, shoes and even a matching soother holder, and then I had to do it....my #1 baby Scarlet REALLY needed a Rubber Ducky....so, I hit the mall and found one for her, she was so excited, she really is an appreciative child...and of course, had to snap a picture of that too.




All in all, a pretty good day, can't believe another week is finished, the time is flying by so quickly. 28 days to go, I was admiring my still tiny ankles and bony feet this evening, I'm not religious at all, but I prayed to the puffiness angels tonight in an attempt to keep the cankles away, I hope they heard me! Night all...


1 comment:

  1. Hogan scarpe is actual accepted with abounding people. usually, you backpack on Air Jordan sneakers arena basketball. absent of hip-pop brilliant aswell agitated on scarpe Hogan if they angle on stage.

    ReplyDelete