Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Our Announcement in January


We've waited for a while

To share our shocking news,

It looks like we'll be shopping

For some tiny, little shoes.....


I found myself at the hospital as many of you know,

however H1N1 was not all that was found.

After multiple tests at my request,

the Dr's returned with a positive pregnancy test!

I couldn't believe it,

I am still in shock the Dr's heard language that can't be repeated,

but low and behold, I had been defeated.


I told the Dr's they didn't know what they were doing,

there was an obvious mistake that must be found immediately.

Alas, a small little alien now grows in my belly,

and thankfully for me, it's not twins as they first claimed,

just one little one will be joining our family.


And what do you know!

We have kept our news hidden,

but as month 5 approaches,

the clothes will soon make this task difficult.


NOW, we had agreed that we wouldn't have kids;

Why, our pill bottles don't even have childproof lids!

We don't like bad kids, or good ones sometimes,

we like trips and sleep and our Friday trivia nights.


The Dr's looked concerned when we both turned ghost white

they obviously knew this news was an absolute fright.

I cried that I wanted a puppy and the cute Dr said

"not this time around, it's something much better

and you'll get use to it with time!"


I thought and I thought Till my face turned to blue

I really did not know Just what I should do!

I begged for a bed in Unit 9,

but somehow they thought I would be just fine.


As 36 approaches, I'm old in prego circles,

not to mention the slew of my medical issues.

So testing and testing Darren and I both had to go.

Charlottetown and Halifax we were sent and after four ultrasounds

we can now explain there is a strange looking creature growing just fine.


It looks more like PAC MAN, then a small little baby,

but we have passed all the tests and it's definitely not a puppy.

There are still more tests to come, but we think all will be well,

enough to share the news that our

lives will be changing by Summer 2010.


Now we know all will be shocked,

you may be rolling on the floor With OMG, OH DEAR,

and You are Royally Screwed!


We have tested this news on our Family and Best Friends,

and besides grasping their hearts they have

all survived and have been supportive.

We know our lives will totally change, but fear not for the child,

a Nanny is part of the game plan!!!


Although I have gained not yet one ounce,

and thankfully not one day of morning sickness to discuss,

the stress and insanity has taken first place,

but I have realized one bonus, think of all the New Hampshire

shopping I can do, it will be first rate!


So that is our news, I somehow think this beats last year,

An Elopement is nothing, this year we'll become parents!

1 comment:

  1. Taking affliction not to abrasion gold bargain Pandora jewelry uk adornment with the blow of added harder article or friction. Achievement as authentic gold is soft, simple to wear. If agnate problems occurred not alone debilitated the aftereffect of collapsed and appearance accessories, as able-bodied as accident of weight.

    ReplyDelete