Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Saturday, May 29, 2010

The LAST....




I'm thinking about the end - not death (although I hate to admit, I'm quite morbid at times and think the worse), but thinking about the END of a lot of things:

1) This is the last weekend of May, never again will we have a MAY that we don't have another person to care for

2) Today marked the end of adult laundry as I just put out the first baby clothes on the line
3) Our life of just pick up and go is coming to an END, don't get me wrong, I still plan on picking up and going - it will just cost me dearly in sitters!

4) Our last few weeks of trivia are upon us - again, without having to pay for a sitter

5) The end of my sanity perhaps....

6) And since Darren reads the blog but I rarely see him in person since he moved his computer to the basement - the end is drawing near for HIS fishing and golfing outings (I figure I acted as an incubator for 9 months - he can act as care taker!)

Yes, there are beginnings coming, but the END is so much more at the top of my mind. As I looked at Greta's closet today, picking out some of the 0-3 outfits, then sitting down and taking all the tags off them in preparation for them to be washed, I thought, HOLY CRAP, life is so different than what I would have imagined a year ago.

One year ago (this weekend exactly), Darren and I were secretly putting final touches on our elopement plans (well, lets be realistic, I was making the plans and dealing with the State of New Hampshire and the Inn Keeper who would marry us, and I was trying to get Darren's opinion). We had actually started the planning or discussion a few times before, but we finally decided, IF we were to get married, there was only one way we would do it, and that would be OUR WAY, and New Hampshire was the perfect place: away from opinions, other people's expectations, and although we love PEI, it was the perfect spot for us to tie the knot. At no time did Darren and I ever think we would be parents, it wasn't on the wish list, desire list, or even the worse case scenario list, we were going to have fur children, have the life of being somewhat selfish (okay, very selfish), travel, spend money on our home and ourselves...it just wasn't in the cards. New Hampshire trips meant I shopped for ME, ME, ME...and when I went to kids stores, it was for presents. I now find myself pulling Carters Tags off baby clothes for a little baby who is moving in with us. Who would have thought!

So as I reflect on a year, and think about this day, one year ago when I put the deposit down on our New Hampshire Wedding, in a billion, trillion years, I NEVER would have thought I'd be typing on my lap top, trying to see the keys over my growing (alien moving) stomach about hanging baby clothes on my clothes line. I wonder what the next year will bring - I can say, it will NEVER bring a sibling for little Greta - get that out of your minds now...that possibility will be taken care of on surgery day!

And just a side note, Happy 2 year anniversary to our house! When we purchased a 5 bedroom house, and people kept saying, lots of room for kids, I said - it was a kid free zone, I'm going to learn to shut my damn mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment