Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Please Don't Feed the Dust Bunnies.....

Day #3 of Home Confinement (I mean, Awaiting the Baby - Maternity Leave)

Do you know how much hair 2 cats and one (non shedding) dog create - oh my word!?? I have broken down and hired a House Cleaner to do my spring cleaning, as I sit at the computer feeling somewhat guilty that she is cleaning up the dust bunnies and washing my windows, I am also realizing that the size of my stomach is such that lying on the floor with the vacuum to get under the Kitchen Island and Couches isn't top on the I can't wait to do list, so I'm sure by the time she finishes room one, I'll feel better and the guilt will have surpassed.

Of course, I had to pre-clean a few areas of the house, and I did walk around and pick up the clumps of visible cat hair floating around, oh, and I scrubbed the tub and shower...and I guess I tidied the kitchen, well, lets just say, the house looked pretty good before she arrived, but I know it will look even better in a few hours.

So, that is the start to the day, I know, the excitement is overwhelming.

I'm off to sit on the deck and sort through the basket of "junk" I collected prior to the cleaner coming. As I'm a dreadful pack rat, I have a funny feeling it will all find a new home, and that won't include the garbage. This afternoon - big weigh in, you would think I'm trying to bulk up for a fighting match, but alas, just a Dr's appt.

And I was thinking....

Do they invite you back week after week and put you on the scale to see the numbers go down after the baby arrives? I think I will suggest that at my appointment today - at least it would be something to look forward to, they torture you by weighing you in an open hall way for 9 months announcing your weight gain for all the other prego's to hear, the least they can do is celebrate you losing the weight after! All I can hope for is the girl next to me on the scale weighs more than I...ha! (It makes me feel good)

2 comments:

  1. Gail, I have finally discovered the ultimate end to fur-dust bunnies and hair and fur annoyingly floating around you AND landing and coating every piece of clothing you own! --- The FURminator!!! Amazing! You should see the amount of (dead) cat hair this thing removes from my cats! and drastically eliminating what floats around your home! Highly recommend!!! Just google it, you'll be amazed!!! (These people should hire me, doesn't that sound like an awesome ad!!! ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recently heard about this amazing tool...thanks for the tip, I will definitely pick one up!

    ReplyDelete