Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"Life is tough enough without having someone kick you from the inside."

I realized this evening that we are only 35 days away from Greta joining the world....lord, I counted down vacations longer than this, Christmas I start counting down around 90 days, 35 days is nothing.....HOLY Sh*t. I have a long way to go before I am mentally prepared, the nurse and Dr keep asking if I'm getting there, and I think I'm still in denial - nice of them to keep asking, although I'm starting to now wonder if they are considering having a shrink on hand for me, today they asked about Darren too - maybe they just want one of us to accept that fact that it's a REAL baby coming to live with us, not one of those practice dolls that cry (by the way, does anyone know where I can get one of those - maybe that will help)

My bi-weekly Dr's appt was to date the quickest appt, I was parked, in the building, had my weigh in, blood pressure taken, Dr Visit and back to the car in 22 minutes. Weigh In was shockingly good - I didn't gain anything (of course, this is good or bad depending who you are - I think it's great, the Dr said, less to lose - no worries, BUT, I am back to my nutritionist next week, and she will not be impressed, so I'll have to eat a Poutine before my next visit with her). I have a theory though, I know why I'm not gaining...this kid kicks my bladder every friggin second of the day, therefore I'm having to walk to the bathroom every few minutes....I honestly am not drinking that much to justify the number of bathroom visits. So, I'm probably walking a few miles in bathroom visits! Great exercise!

Well, have to cut this short - take a guess where I'm off too - and the stores are closed, so it's not to shop! Lord, I hope bladder control returns, I can't imagine wearing Depends is overly flattering or comfy!

1 comment:

  1. replica bags accoutrements are such a celebrity must-have that the appearance abode has created two styles that pay accolade to the best arcade and clubbing in Hollywood, Sunset Boulevard and Roxbury.

    ReplyDelete