Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Friday, May 21, 2010

Hair...Hair...Hair



The countdown is on....To my June Hair appointments!

I just had my hair straightened, giving me a few days of well kept, manageable, shiny looking hair, not the frizz ball of curls that find themselves in a ponytail 9 times out of 10...And it dawned on me, I will need to have this manageable hair for my hospital stay, so, 7 days before Greta's scheduled arrival I booked my color and the day before I head to the hospital, I will have it straightened again...Priorities you know! I will let Greta have the unmanageable, spooky looking hair. Granted, the universe could surprise me and she will be born with just a little fuzz or bald, highly unlikely, if she does, Darren may start to question if the child is actually his..ha!

And I'm starting to wonder what she may look like. Considering I don't find babies overly cute, actually I can only think of a few babies who I actually "honestly" said, WOW, that is a really pretty baby (for all those mom's out there, you can start guessing if that was your baby I said that about....if I say, oh my God, look at all that hair - well, hate to say, he/she may not have hit the cute meter)...but now that is my fear...friends and family have known I am not overly warm and fuzzy about babies, I've never been the one in the crowd to see a baby enter the room and go running and say, out of my way, let me hold that baby. I look from a distance, maybe check out the outfit and check out the hair! That is what all of you will be doing - AND I WILL KNOW YOU ARE JUDGING...So, if Greta has lots of hair, it's being cut..pronto!

I really don't believe that all mothers find their babies cute, many of you are saying that, but if Greta is animal looking, I'm going to say, AHHHH, what in the hell is that!!! Only relief, sometimes the ugliest looking babies, become the most beautiful kids...so I'll hold out some hope...so the question, do I want an ugly baby or a cute baby - it could really affect her entire life!

And for all those who think I'm just mean - admit it, you all agree - you just were not stupid like me who will tell it as it is...ha!




Enjoy your long weekend.


2 comments:

  1. Gail,

    You're so honest and funny...thanks for the laugh:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plasteramic ToyWatch looks like bowl but in achievement are plastic. Timekeeper sponsors throughout the modern Olympic Games include Longines, Heuer, Omega, Seiko, and Swatch. Omega is smart, that's for sure. The company plays its cards well.

    ReplyDelete