Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Wondering.....

Time off means I think too much, worry too much, come up with strange scenario's in my head...and online shop (but this note isn't about shopping for once!!! - Well, I mean it's not about me buying something TODAY)

I'm starting to wonder about life post baby - which no worries folks, I'm no fool, I'm anticipating changes beyond recognition. One good thing, Darren and I don't have that much of a life, since year 2000 my friends have been having kids, with each kid born, our social life deteriorated, we just didn't have anyone left to play with. So, we would make new friends, they too would then have kids, and the cycle continued. Now we find ourselves with friends who have children old enough to babysit and they are ready to have a life again as ours is changing...granted, I have vowed to hire babysitters, I have no problems with teenagers watching babies and paying for a night out....so I won't be house bound if it kills me. June to Sept is booked with activities - so Greta cannot make an early appearance until after June 19th as I have opening night tickets to the theatre production of Buddy Holly, and then August (when I'm back to my old size - don't laugh it will happen, I'm not against anorexia) I'll be heading to my beloved New Hampshire baby free (there is a huge sign at the NH border that says, NO KIDS ALLOWED!!) and then back to the theatre for Hairspray in early Sept. Better get Darren to start that babysitter fund!

But I'm wondering beyond this, surely it will be inevitable that Greta will like to shop - but I have a secret to tell - I despise children out shopping (this is one occasion that babysitters will come in handy). Unless this child is golden and mute, the thought of taking a little one to Costco on a Moncton shopping trip is equivalent to hell in my mind. I have watched for years and years people lugging bags of items for their baby's, and I hear them, crying, screaming - what child wants to shop, it's punishment for them. I have often thought it was the daily dose of birth control - listening to a screaming child in the grocery store or the mall. And believe me, I would be that mother who would not leave the shopping cart full of items to take her screaming kid to the car - no, I would be the one to go through the checkout and purchase my items that I so carefully picked out, and leave the kid screaming in the aisle, hoping people didn't realize she was mine! Okay, that may be severe (only because they could take me to jail)...but since Darren really doesn't like to shop, I have a funny feeling we won't run in to this issue often. He and Greta can watch sports!

So, that is what is on my mind this lovely rainy day! Gosh, it became a shopping blog again - I have problems - better go work them out on Ebay!

No comments:

Post a Comment