Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Friday, June 11, 2010

Owners Manual

Well, I have searched and searched for an instructional manual for babies. I can't figure out how there isn't a BABY 101 Booklet. It must be the only profession that you prepare 10 months "in theory", but you are not provided with real instructions from anyone, just the fluffy What to Expect when you are Expecting type books, which we have already determined are just a medical guide for mental cases like moi. So essentially baby arrives and after 3-4 days of recovery in a hospital, they send you on your way, say good luck and good riddance. YIKES. This is a ridiculous practice. I think they need to test before parents can leave a hospital with a baby, if you don't pass, they send you to a classroom. Do they watch you mix formula, or change lots of diapers, or bath the baby...how about the fact that new parents don't take the stroller in to the hospital. My stroller is put together (I actually did that job on my own), but I can't figure out how to fold the sucker, lord, I don't even know if when I use it for the first time and add the baby it won't fold up like a damn clam. It may just buckle. I can imagine I'll be one thankful mother out shopping because I own an SUV, as I won't be able to close the stupid thing to it's compact position. No one comes to inspect where the baby is going to live, do you know to adopt a puppy from the pound in most provinces, you have to fill out an extensive application, meet the dog, introduce other animals to the potential new pet, ensure you are a good match for the new puppy and have references. Where is the baby reference sheet???? Although the first sign of concern would be I don't know who would actually act as a reference for me, maybe another dog lover, as I think most of my friends are scared about me bringing a baby home!!! HA. So, in lieu of an actual instruction manual, I found a few Good vs Bad / Do's and Don'ts / Right vs Wrongs of parenthood, I'll try to study these and make sure I choose the best option.

No Fear on this one, well understood:
I better go repack!

I would have thought the Karate Chop on the back would have been soothing - Go figure!

We do have High ceilings, I guess this will be a live and learn experience.



I hear they won't let us out of the hospital without ensuring the baby is in the real car seat, too much effort to figure out how to get the baby out, so I think we'll be safe for this rule.



I thought the rule was support the head...so much to learn!


That was tonight's lesson, will have to go process these baby rules, stay tune for more! I was thinking Darren would put a few baby items together tonight such as the swing, bouncy seat, play pen, but he has disappeared to the basement. I guess I'll go tackle some of them on my own, less swearing potential. 12 days to go.....





No comments:

Post a Comment