Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Sunday, June 20, 2010

Still no baby...

Enjoy a tune while you read todays blog!



A few pics from this same weekend, 2009!!! Who would have thought 365 days could create so many changes.....NOT ME!


My niece Haley and her Uncle D.
Gail, Darren and our #1 Girl, Miss Scarlet O'Hara
Secret Photo Shoot, Dalvay By the Sea, PEI
Operation Elopement in Action!









I made it to the theatre...Buddy: The Buddy Holly Show was absolutely spectacular and I encourage everyone on the Island and in close proximity to go and see it...It's only here for a limited time, July 17th, so start planning - and I have to say, both men and woman will love it. I can't wait for Hairspray at the end of the season now! I have turned Darren in to a theatre goer pretty much from the get go (it was a mandatory clause in the dating agreement), but he is even recommending it and if possible, I think he was moving in his seat more than I. In the small world we live in, we are sitting in our seats and the only cousin I have on the Island, Gordon and his wife Louise have the seats next to us, so I had a calming effect come over me, I figure if my water broke, at least I would be splashing water on family and not strangers.. Mom, Dad and the two of us went, with a very, very, very active Baby Greta in the belly not missing a beat. I'm sure the people behind me were a tad concerned when I had to grasp my stomach a few times and move positions. But, Greta Claire and I are back on good terms as I wasn't sure I would make the goal of attending the theatre production, so Check One for her on the Good Xmas List. Now, if only I could pull off a miracle and be able to attend the Cavendish Music Festival!!! UMMM.

Now, if you read the previous post, you will know, little false alarm / trial hospital run on Friday night, but all is now settled....no more springing a leak (although I still know I didn't just pee my pants) - The nurses were kind enough to tell me that much! And although my stomach contracts pretty much non stop, zero pain and no baby falling out of me, so we wait, and wait and wait. I have fingers crossed and any other body part that potentially has the ability to cross (a few hair strands perhaps) that I hold off until Thursday now. The bad Doc is on Wed, and I'll be delivering the baby on my own or heading to Moncton if she decides to make Wed the debut (and she will really be grounded for life), but Today, Mon, or Tues, are okay!!! The Doc on Friday said she had lots of fluid to float around in still and was very, very active. I think she may have packed on some pounds this week, as the movements in the past few days alone are enough to make me think I'm going to deliver a pit bull not a baby, and one ticked off pit bull at that.
The episode on Friday was a good thing for Darren and I, it really made things real, very real, the staff were wonderful and funny, and for the first time since last October, I realized that she was actually appearing to be healthy and strong. The nurse did say I was worrying her a tad when I kept listing my allergies to meds and my health issues, but surely they have had more challenging cases and she did ask, didn't think it was the time to leave things out. And I keep moving, at first, I thought I was just going to lie around and wait for Thursday or scheduled appts, but said screw it yesterday afternoon and went shopping. If the water is going to break, it may as well occur in my "Happy Place" while spending money. Now, my real happy place is New Hampshire, BUT, I did draw the line at driving 12 hours, so I settled with a few Greenhouses and in a few hours, did some damage to the bank account.

So, thanks to all for your concern, emails, calls, Facebook check ins, etc. 4 days at the most to go, the time has really flown by and I have a busy week ahead with my pre-surgery clinic and meeting with the anesthesiologist Tuesday, Hair appt again on Wed, then OR on Thursday to finally see if Greta looks like me, Darren, Scarlet or a monkey...depending who wins out, you may see some pics by Thursday night!!!

And Happy Fathers Day to Darren from Scarlet, Paris and Casanova - and phew that Greta didn't arrive - I didn't get shopping for a baby to Dad present! Check Mark #2 on the Xmas List! My mother reminded me that it was this weekend last year, that Darren and I had our "secret" wedding Photo's taken, followed by the comment - "amazing what can happen in a year!!" I went to the photo shoot, rushed home pretty much changing in the car and headed to opening night of Anne of Green Gables last year, my grading gift to my niece Haley, I made it at intermission...but still made it!! So, yes, amazing what can happen in one year, attached are a few pics from that night a year ago! Oh, I looked skinny...SIGH - next week I'll look like that again, I just know it! Spanx all the way!!! HA.

1 comment:

  1. Awakening Hogan scarpe are remakes of the archetypal Air Jordans either in the colors Mike wore aback in the day, or hardly adapted to bout with accepted trends.Beginning in 2005, Jordan Brand has brought aback several “hybrid” scarpe Hogan that yield alone apparatus from altered Air Jordans and anatomy one alone shoe.

    ReplyDelete