Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Monday, June 21, 2010

Safe Handling...

HAD to read up on a few more Safe Handling Safety Tips...I'm catching on slowly...everything I thought was right seems so wrong after looking at the pics...ha! These great tips are from a book, Safe Baby Handling Tips by David and Kelly Sopp, good thing they wrote the book, I may have made some mistakes!!!


Okay, babies need bottles, they can't chew on chicken legs right away - CHECK!


Who would want to wake a baby anyway, I'll ignore both the Yes and No instructions here, if she is sleeping, that is good!!!

Good thing my pets don't live in water, I thought I would just set Greta in the middle of the floor and let the animals check her out, I feel confident the first meeting will go well. Scarlet has new toys coming to her from the baby, so she'll be won over quick!

I guess I better put the TV on the wall....sigh, didn't want to put holes in the wall, but I guess it would be safer!

I disagree with this one, if this baby needs a bit of rum to fall asleep, I really don't see the big issue, won't give her the bottle of rum, but surely a little on the gums would be okay...Wouldn't it???

They have a gentle cycle, my goodness, these rules are tough!
If she has a diaper explosion, I really feel a hose would work, but I guess, that isn't what the rules say..

Kids shouldn't be allowed to shop, so this one is a no brainer...

Oh, besides still needing to find a few young gals to babysit during the evenings or for me to go shopping during the day here and there, the full time sitter was found months ago! I guess I passed this test!



Still waddling around folks. I guess Greta decided she was cozy enough to stay put, now if she decides to come Wednesday, I won't be a happy camper at all, may have to give her the silent treatment for a bit, but I think Thursday is going to be the day. Tomorrow is my pre-surgery clinic, so have to get up bright and early (around 10ish) to head to the hospital. Can't wait for needles. I then get a break from the hospital but have to return in the afternoon to meet with the anesthesiologist who will stab me in the spine with a lovely needle on Thursday. I've already met with him to discuss my allergy and complications, but I guess they want to chat again (PEI Medical System - they don't seem to take notes!).

Got a little shopping in today, nothing too extreme, headed to the Book Store for some guides on how in the hell we are suppose to keep a baby alive - surprisingly enough - these books exist. I bought the Survival Guide for Rookie Moms, A Sleep Solution Guide, and some other kind of reference book that is escaping my mind. Now, I'm not a reader, but at least I'll have a reference manual or two around the house when I screw something up. Oh, bought the new Glee CDs too...

Since I had some extra time on my hands, I thought I better refresh my memory on the Instructions to Safely Handle Babies (which are above).... I learned a lot, good thing I reviewed these, I may have embarrassed myself. Enjoy and hope they will help the others who are expecting babies.


















1 comment:

  1. My heavens you are so hilarious, I just love reading your blogs!! So much fun!!

    ReplyDelete