Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Today's Accomplishments

What a day, What a day! Well, thought I'd start with a line like that to make it sound extraordinary, but really, it was just a regular old day, but had a few accomplishments:

1) Got my ass out of bed before noon! Of course, I'm talking about actually getting up for the day, not the 10 times through the night I was up for a drink, freezie, to yell at the cats or to make a bathroom run. But had lunch with the gals from work, so had a 12 o'clock goal in mind!

2) Managed to pee in a cup without missing (harder than you think with a growing stomach), oh and I didn't hit my hand..

3) Dropped off my Record of Employment and I think successfully applied for Maternity Benefits - granted, we'll see, no doubt I messed something up and will have a fight with EI about money, hoping not as it will gravely affect my shopping habits.

4) Didn't embarrass myself or Darren a great deal at the Dr's office - although I think Darren was a tad uncomfy. It was only his 2nd visit to the Dr's with me and we were put in the "education overload room"...you know the type of room, the one with tools, gadgets, scary looking beds, tubes, cups, gels and posters everywhere - and I'm talking graphic lets show you baby developing and being delivered type posters...WAY too much information, even for me, Darren just sat and starred! I did a little nod to the Cesarean Angels and was very thankfully I didn't have to experience my body changing like the posters were demonstrating! Child birth looks gross!

5) Managed to get a good Dr's report - no weight gain (looks like 17 lbs will be it), BP excellent, Baby's heart beat has been a consistent 152 for months, and measuring just a week behind...So, my mental health for a few hours improved, Dr didn't seem concerned that the baby didn't move much - so Darren has ammo for when I say "I think she is in a coma or something is wrong" - damn, maybe taking him to the appt wasn't such a good thing.

6) Told the dog about 50 times today how cute she is - okay, it was more like 150, but look at a picture....how can you not say "You are so cute!!!!"

7) I think I pulled a groin muscle - I'm guessing sometime between doing a gymnastic type maneuver to get off the couch, which usually ends up in the crunch, two legs in the air for leverage and pushing myself sideways to get of the couch position, mixed with rolling out of bed and running to the bathroom to avoid having a puddle on the floor, the muscle was pulled...Guess that will repair itself in time!!! BUT holy, does it ever hurt!

8) And I didn't shop - not even online - although everytime I write that, it reminds me that it makes me feel better - so as soon as this gets posted, I'm off to Ebay!

So, that was the day... hard to believe the calendar has flipped to June already, the nurse today said 1 week and the baby will be classed full term, 22 days and counting, you would think I would snap out of denial soon....and I received my instructions from the Dr if I go in to labour prior to the section, kind of went like this - "Labour and Delivery has a phone - use it!"...NICE. Makes me feel so much more prepared!

All for now, enjoy Hump Day.

1 comment:

  1. One more, because for Louis Vuitton bags , anniversary of them is fabricated by hand, accordingly it banned the assembly speed. That is why the vendors will absolute their barter purchasing. Anniversary of their barter just can buy one section for anniversary blazon in adjustment to let added barter buy all for one type.

    ReplyDelete