Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Wednesday, June 23, 2010

DINKWADS BECOME ORHIDS

So, the count down is over. I had my mental breakdown yesterday, today I have been relatively calm and in less than 15 hours we will be packing up the hospital bag and heading to the hospital in preparation for Greta's Debut at 9:30am, June 24th, 2010. I had hoped they would give me a sedative for tonight, but I guess it isn't recommended, so I'll pack a baseball bat to give me a few knocks on the head tomorrow when I start to panic. The hospital makes you call them, between 2:30 and 3:30 the day before surgery to find out what time you have to show up, if you can imagine, in bold letters my letter says, failure to do so will result in a cancelled surgery...HOW SAD! What a backwards hospital. I was just there yesterday, they couldn't confirm things then! Anyway, bad news, which I have yet to decide if I will obey or not, my lovely pedicure has to come off and they said no make up. If I must I'll remove the polish, but the make up, tough luck. They are stripping my dignity, they are not stripping my face. Low iron means I have black circles under my eyes that would scare most children, I will sacrifice my eye shadows, and leave the mascara off for when I have my nervous breakdown prior to surgery, but I shall have color on my face and a bottle of nail polish ready to be applied as soon as I return to my room. I also stopped at the drug store for fake nails. It had to be done!

That is just a quick update, Mom, Darren and I are heading out for supper this evening, then I'll be done eating for the night, may need a shot of vodka or Bailey's before midnight, we'll see how the nerves are.

Anyway, it is definitely an end of an era, the Dinkwads (Double Income No Kids with a Dog) become Orchids (One Recent Child Heavily in Debt) tomorrow!! SIGH, I have enjoyed my DINK status, we are the generation who knew it was okay not to have children and still have a fulfilled life, do what we chose, travel when we wanted to, no responsibilities, clean house, truck that would allow BOTH seats to go down to accommodate the New Hampshire Shopping trips. And we now move to beautiful orchids, does anyone find it ironic this new status is called ORCHIDS, have you ever tried to keep an orchid alive, it's not easy..JUST SAYING! The heavily in debt part, well, I have chosen not to lessen my shopping habits, then added the baby shopping, so holy lord, I should be given shares in Mastercard and Visa. Scarlet has been pretty clingy, I think she sees the suitcase and knows I'm leaving, little does she know, her new sister is going to steal her thunder a bit. Now, it could be worse, we could be Sinks (Single Income Numerous Kids, aka, almost bankrupt), so we will do our best to embrace our new status and still on occasion pretend we are Dinks!

Now, as stated in a previous post, I will have no blog access while in the hospital and can't upload pics, so I'm reluctantly giving Darren my Facebook Password to send out an update, but be patient, I get to see what Greta looks like first, and all pictures must pass my "Okay, doesn't look too bad test", if she is all puffy and hairy, you may be waiting for a bit. I will at least have my phone with me and can check Facebook from there, sad, but I need some connection to the outside world. Hoping to be in my private room (fingers crossed) by lunchtime!

So, that is the end of the Pre-Baby Blog Posts, thanks for joining me for the past couple of weeks on the journey, I am happy to have provided you my soap opera style thoughts and comments, frustrations and truths. I look forward to posting about motherhood. Darren may have to write a few guest blogs while I'm in the hospital, as of noon today, he has started a month long vacation, how convenient for him that it's golf and fishing season, but how silly of him to believe that is what he will be doing! Think good thoughts tomorrow, and thank you all for the notes and don't worry messages, I know people have babies every day, but, I don't, so the anxiety is tough to ignore.

Holy Sh*t just realized tomorrow night I can have a shot of Jack Daniels, mixed of course in to an Alabama Slammer, I might have to get Darren to bring up a concealed cup with some fun juice in it, I wonder how it mixes with morphine??? Okay, now I'm convinced, lets get this show on the road, I need a drink!

1 comment:

  1. One more, because for Louis Vuitton handbags , anniversary of them is fabricated by hand, accordingly it banned the assembly speed. That is why the vendors will absolute their barter purchasing. Anniversary of their barter just can buy one section for anniversary blazon in adjustment to let added barter buy all for one type.

    ReplyDelete