Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!

Someday my prince will come, but Daddy will always be King!
Daddy's Girl

Welcome

Welcome to my Blog.

Life greatly changed as Darren and I welcomed Greta Claire to the family. I started this blog 5 weeks pre-parenthood; I thought I would learn to Blog as a hobby and to occupy my time when I was awaiting baby and tried my best to continue through her first year of life to document some of the ups and downs, funny moments, scary moments, etc. While I greatly enjoy sharing our adventures, it has been hard to stay committed to regular posts, but I certainly will do my best as our little girl is now 6 years old and full of comic relief, bright ideas and the most amazing quotes! So, enjoy the adventures of Gail and Greta, I somehow seem to find the most interesting things each day, so this is the truth blog, how things really are, what I'm really thinking and feeling....it could be interesting!



Sunday, June 13, 2010

Things that make you go HUH...

Two posts this weekend...lots on my mind.

It has been an interesting and good weekend, lovely weather, a little shopping, some dining out, visits with friends and in amongst all that, a few mental moments! I am no doubt driving Darren insane, if the baby is not moving or kicking, I'm thinking something is wrong (all the time.) I poke and wiggle and shake my stomach like it's a pinata- thankfully there is not a hidden camera around, I would be sent away in a white coat. I have been told this is somewhat normal, but I guess I keep thinking that I made it this far and with 10 days to go, I've finally accepted the fact that there is a baby joining the family and I see the end in sight that I worry. My Dr did tell me if I'm that worried to go to the hospital, but I know darn well they would keep me waiting and not be impressed. So, I'll just wait for the jabs (they do eventually come), maybe she is just sleeping more these days.

Anyway, enough of that. As I have been looking at items we bought - and I continue to buy, something yesterday made me do a double take,, well a few things did...I'll back up to the afternoon as it started as a day of relaxation, sleeping in and cleaning the house, but I wanted to get my flower baskets - so off to the Greenhouse we went, as we were leaving, (Darren was driving my truck) and we were both sitting in the truck when the lady next to me opens her van door rather abruptly and HITS my door. I was a bit stunned by it, and started to put the window down, as my door wouldn't open as hers was in to mine...she starred at me somewhat - without really making eye contact and as I started to ask if there was damage, she turned away, shut her door and off she went in to the Greenhouse. My mouth just dropped, no I'm sorry, or panic, she took off...It wasn't a lot of damage, just a scratch, but quite something, I took the license plate just in case...but some people!!

But, that wasn't the only thing that made me say HUH yesterday. I have been convinced by many friends to buy a Jumperoo, now for those like me who didn't have a clue what this apparatus was, it's kind of like the old jolly jumpers, mixed with an exercauser and tons of neat toys and lights that is a stand alone item, no dangling baby from the door frame...all the bells and whistles. So, despite Darren saying, WE DON'T NEED THAT, I went out searching for one...No one puts baby in the corner - whoops, wrong issue - no one says no to Gail is what I meant. Now, I will admit, I was just going to slip it in to the house and set it up in a few months, but then I thought, how silly, my moola, being told we don't need something just encourages me more. I get it on sale oddly enough and lug it in. As I'm putting the box on the floor, something catches my eye, are you ready for it - ADULT ASSEMBLY REQUIRED. No shit Fisher Price. I was thinking the dog or baby could figure out the instructions!!! I'm sure Greta will be smart and I know the Dog is a prodigy, but if either can assembly this toy, well, I'm just going to resign my position at work and do a travelling road show of my exceptional family!

Did you ever look at labels, I started this blog with an entry about Baby Barrettes that said not for children, but now, I am really looking, here are a few of the favorites...

Toilet Bowl Cleaner: Safe to use around pets and children, although it is not recommended that either be permitted to drink from toilet.
(There goes my plan for letting Greta drinking from the toilet)

Sleeping Pills Warning: May cause Drowsiness
(Ultimate genius)

Children's Superman Costume: Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly.
(What about a push off the roof - the kid would fly for a bit)

Children's cough medicine: Do not drive car or operate machinery.
(WOW, I guess in some Countries a Baby comes out of the womb and drives home on their own!)

Thermometer: Do not use orally after using rectally
(Pretty sure I'll remember this one - good thing the label was there!)

Hope me passing along these labels allows you to rest easy, I'm now all prepared to bring the baby home...Oh, and you will be happy to know, while writing tonight's Blog, I have been jabbed in the ribs a few times, so no trips to Labour and Delivery tonight to prove I'm losing my mind!

Enjoy a wonderful week, the countdown is really about to start, hitting single digits. Thankfully, I'm not as uncomfy as I was, the baby has moved back to it's favorite position, side to side, so I look wider, but my bladder is enjoying the move! Good thing the section is booked, as I don't think she had any intentions of leaving her transverse position. If you didn't check out Friday's blog post, go take a look, great advice there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment